PrivateGPT User Guide
This guide details how to use PrivateGPT, Private AI's privacy-preserving ChatGPT integration. In a nutshell, PrivateGPT uses Private AI's user-hosted PII identification and redaction container to redact prompts before being sent to OpenAI and then puts the PII back into the completions received from OpenAI. The user experience is similar, however no sensitive PII leave's the user's network or is shared with OpenAI.
PrivateGPT comes in two flavours, a chat UI similar to chat.openai.com for end users, and an API allowing the functionality to be built into applications and custom UIs.
In the sections linked below, you'll find information about how PrivateGPT works and how to use it, as well as some more complex examples and best practices.
- What is PrivateGPT? provides an overview of PrivateGPT and how it works.
- UI Basic Use provides an overview of PrivateGPT's basic UI functionality.
- Provide Context in Your Prompt demonstrates prompt best practices.
- Redact Entities Selectively illustrates how toggling individual entity types on and off can improve your experience with PrivateGPT.
- A Note on Entity-Linking explains PrivateGPT's entity-linking capabilities and limitations.
- Reduce Bias with PrivateGPT provides a demonstration of how using PrivateGPT can help to reduce bias in ChatGPT's responses.
- Consult OpenAI's Best practices for prompt engineering for more tips on how to structure your prompts.
If you have questions that aren't answered here, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist.